About Ashley Carr
Founder, Ashley’s Pawsome Pet Sitting
Ashley, the founder of Ashley’s Pawsome Pet Sitting, is pet professional with over 20 years of experience providing high quality, reliable care to pets and the people who love them. She is a trained veterinary technician, and is CPR and First Aid Certified. Ashley’s Pawsome Pet Sitting is also bonded and insured through Kennel Pros.
Ashley began her career working with animals in 2003 when she became the Canine Coordinator for the Yolo County SPCA. In 2014, she founded Ashley’s Pawsome Pet Sitting with the goal of providing compassionate, professional pet care services to clients in the Davis area. She is passionate about offering the very best care possible and she treats each pet as if they were a member of her own family.
When not caring for other people’s pets, Ashley spends time with her own furry family, including Willow a 2 year old Newfoundland, as well as her human family and friends. She also volunteers her time as the Vice President of the Pet Assistance League of California, and with the Yolo County SPCA.
Contact Us to set up a meet n’ greet with Ashley’s Pawsome Pet Sitting
In the Beginning
I grew up in the Bay Area and moved to Davis in 1997 for my Bachelor’s degree. While studying History with a minor in Communications I had my first experience working with animals by volunteering with the Yolo County SPCA through my Sorority.
After working in hospitality management for a few years I returned to my love of animals and took a job as the Yolo County SPCA Canine Coordinator in 2003. In this position I discovered my true talent of working with animals who needed a little extra TLC either physically or emotionally while they were preparing for adoption. After many years of rescue work I was consistently being asked to care for the animals I had helped adopt out when their owners had to go out of town. In 2012 I decided to create Ashley’s Pawsome Pet Sitting to give local pets the patient and loving care they need while their owners can’t be there.
In addition to my time working with the Yolo SPCA, I was on the board of the Sacramento Area Animal Coalition for 4 years. I have volunteered with the Sacramento City Shelter Vaccine Clinic, Spay Day, Red Rover, PAWS, Mercer Clinic, Sacramento SPCA Spay/Neuter Clinics, and have rehabilitated numerous animals recovering from traumatic injuries. I specialize in fearful dogs and disabled dogs.
Currently I work full time for UC ANR, and I am the Vice President for Pet Assistance League of California, a local animal rescue. When I am not working or caring for animals I am spending time with my young son.
Code of Ethics
Each member of Ashley’s Pawsome Pets Team Pledges to:
- To treat every pet trusted to my care as if they were our own by providing compassionate and loving care.
- To always provide the highest quality pet care and customer service.
- To be trustworthy and honest by fulfilling our promised duties as requested by our clients.
- To respect and protect each client’s home and property.
- To always observe each client’s confidentiality.
- To have open and timely communication with each client and the Pawsome Pets office.
- To respond promptly, respectfully and clearly in all forms of communications.
- To be on time for registration meeting and pet care assignments.
- To act with professionalism and respect the instructions of the Ashley’s Pawsome Pets clients.
- To be helpful and cooperative with our fellow pet sitters.
- To continue our knowledge and understanding of pets with continued education.
Organizations We Support
Animal rescue is Ashley’s passion, and through this passion the Pawsome Pets Team supports many organizations. Below is just a small list of the organizations we support through donations, volunteer time, and fostering.
Why Trust Ashley’s Pawsome Pet Sitting